Technorati tags: moose Dixville+Notch New+HampshireAre You Too Close For Comfort?Always allow animals to carry out their normal behavior and activities. They will give you clues to let you know when you are too close. Pay attention to these clues and you will have a safe and responsible wildlife viewing experience.
Look for clues.YOU ARE TOO CLOSE IF:
- The animal turns its back toward you, stops eating, changes direction of travel, or stands when resting.
- An animal flees into the woods.
- The animal you are looking at has its head up and ears pointed toward you.
- The animals are nervous or jumpy whenever you move or make a noise.
- A moose's ears are at a 45° angle and the hair on the bak of the neck is standing up.
- An animal begins to charge you. Be afraid for your life.